bachelor's degree in applied psychology
top 10 reasons you should get a bs in applied psychology at hodges u:
- study human psychology, human behavior, and how to motivate others through a variety of projects, and discussions, including student favorite “experimental psychology” class.
- learn the scientific methodology behind psychology.
- Develop strong critical thinking skills and apply psychological concepts to problem-solving situations.
- Strengthen both oral and written communication skills through class discussions, group projects, and essays.
- create a mock treatment plan through a realistic simulation that includes reading a detailed intake scenario and acting as an intake specialist for a variety of client care situations, including anxiety or substance abuse treatment.
- learn how to refer clients to community agencies based on their diagnoses, situations, and client needs.
- learn strengths-based community approaches for helping individuals in need.
- courses include a blended format of video recordings, and you may participate in live-chat discussions providing an avenue for shared experiences in a virtual environment.
- engage in authentic learning environments helping you to retain the information through our interactive discussions and simulations.
- take advantage of specialty certification in substance abuse counseling, which is designed to prepare students for the certified addiction professional (cap) certification from the florida certification board.
the best schools: the best online colleges in florida
college factual: 2020 Most Popular Clinical, Counseling & Applied psychology Schools
the guide to online schools: 2020 best online colleges in florida
universities.com: best mental health counseling/counselor colleges in florida
online schools center: top accredited online colleges for 2020
affordable schools: 25 most affordable online 4-year latinx/hispanic-serving colleges
cheryl gonzales: bs in applied psychology
i never thought it was possible for me to earn a degree from an actual university. thanks to the flexibility of the online programs at hodges university, i am two courses away from graduating with my bachelor’s degree in applied psychology and i could not be more proud of myself!